A majority of Shilfer’s transactions are trouble-free, there might be occasions where transactions do not work out as expected. In such cases, Shilfer Buyer Protection program will help resolve any such issues.
As you are aware, Shilfer is an independent online marketplace where independent buyers and sellers transact with each other. Shlfer does not manufacture, generate, own, sell, store, procure, possess, transmit, send or distribute the items/products listed by sellers in any manner. The Shilfer Buyer Protection program is instituted to help users resolve genuine claims arising from transactions they have with other users on the site. Buyer transaction problems could be of two types:
- Paying for an item and never receiving it.
- Receiving an item that is totally different than what was described.
Item Receipt Confirmation
The buyer will have the ability to confirm the item receipt after seller inputs the dispatch details on the Website.
The buyer would additionally get 2 days after the delivery deadline within which buyer has to indicate whether or not the buyer has received the item. If the buyer does not take any action within the stipulated timeline, it would be considered that the item was delivered to the buyer and the transaction price shall not be refunded.
- Refund, if any, shall be made into the same issuing bank from where transaction price was received.
- If the Customer paid twice for one transaction, in such case, one out of both transaction amount will be refunded via same source within 7 - 10 working days after complete transaction verification.
If a buyer/user wants cancellation he/she should do so directly with the sellers on Shilfer via email or phone calls whichever is convenient for the buyer.
Sellers may accept this, but in most cases are not required to do so unless it is stated in their shop policies or required by local law, which the buyer should go through completely before making any transactions.
The seller may agree to complete a valid transactions, but at times he may need to cancel a transaction.
As a seller, if you cannot complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Shilfer Conversations (which is email or phone)and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. Sellers are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in case a dispute arises.
A seller can cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay the amount mentioned in the voucher. (The seller may flag a buyer for a payment not received, chargeback, or canceled payment.)
- Both the parties( buyer and seller )agree to cancel the transaction prior to the shipment, and the seller has issued the buyer a full refund.
- The seller decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, in such case the seller has issued a full refund, including shipping.
- The buyer has not receive the item(s) that he had ordered, even though the seller has provided proof of shipping, and the seller has issued a refund for the item. (Refunding the shipping cost is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you'll need to refund in full.)
- Both the parties (buyer and seller) agree that the buyer could return the item to the seller for a refund. The seller received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item. (Refunding the shipping cost is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you'll need to refund in full.)
Shilfer will also contact the seller and inform about the dispute being raised. The item that is not received, the seller will be asked to provide shipment details within 2 days otherwise the transaction amount will be refunded to the buyer and recovered from the seller. If the seller provides the shipment details within this time frame, Shilfer will check with the buyer on receipt of the product and close the ‘not received item’ case. If the seller provides proof of dispatch and delivery, the item ‘not received case’ will be closed in favour of the seller and transaction amount will not be returned to the buyer.
For the item ‘not as described’ dispute, the seller will be asked to respond to the buyer to initiate replacement or refund. The seller needs to reply to Shilfer about complaint resolution steps to be undertaken by the seller within 5 days of Shilfer informing the seller otherwise, the transaction amount may be refunded to the buyer and recovered from the seller.
In case of an item ‘not as described’ dispute the buyer will be asked to send the item back to seller. The buyer will make his own arrangements to return the item to the seller at the buyer’s own cost. The buyer shall retain and provide Shilfer a valid proof of delivery of such shipment (valid proof means the buyer providing a valid & online track-able proof of shipment which should consist of the seller's address, weight of the product and amount paid to the shipping company). Further the extra charges paid for by the buyer (like octroi, custom duties) will not be reimbursed to the buyer by Shilfer in any mode.
If the both the parties, buyer and seller have agreed upon a refund, Shilfer will return the transaction amount within 7 - 10 days of receiving the shipment details from the buyer. In case of buyer agreeing to a replacement, the seller will be informed to provide reshipment details in next 5 days else the transaction amount will be refunded to the buyer. Once the seller provides the shipment details for replacement product, Shilfer will contact the buyer to check if the product is received. Once the buyer confirms the receipt of replacement product the case will be closed.
Refund Claim Verification
If the seller disagrees within the stipulated timelines against the refund claim raised by the buyer, or on its own, Shilfer may put the refund claim on hold for checks and verification. As a result of the claim verification, the refund claim may be either accepted or rejected by Shilfer in its absolute authority which shall not be disputed by the buyer. If the refund claim is accepted then the transaction price will be refunded to the buyer. However, in case the same is rejected based on the refund claim verification, the transaction price shall not be refunded to the buyer. Shilfer may contact the users for additional details/documents during the checks and verification process.
The following items are not eligible for protection coverage under the Shilfer Buyer Protection program:
- Items that have been altered, repaired, discarded or resold by the buyer.
- Items which are picked up or delivered in person.
- Intangible items, such as services or digital items.
- Personal care items such as men's and women’s innerwear, body care & hygiene products, face care products, perfumes & fragrances and hair care products post usage.
- Technical defects in products which have a valid manufacturer warranty.
- Double payment or over payment.
- Buyer's remorse (items bought by mistake or if you change your mind).
- The buyer has violated or found to be violating any of Shilfer’s policies or has misused or found to be misusing Shilfer.
- The transaction amount is already refunded to the buyer by the seller or through a charge back being raised by the buyer for the said transaction.
- The buyer is not willing to co-operate with Shilfer in resolving the concern.
Disclaimer: There could be situation where in, you may find slight variation in the color of the actual product received due to varied screen resolution or lighting at the time of photography done on products. Any extra accessories shown in any product images are for the purpose of enhancement of the image only, and not for sale.
Terms & Conditions
You understand and agree to the following terms and conditions of SHilfer’s Buyer Protection program:
- Shilfer will not provide any guarantee/warranty to buyers for products sold on Shilfer against technical/manufacturing defects.
- Shilfer expects that the buyers read through the product warranty/guarantee information provided by the seller in the listings or contact the seller before completing their purchase(s) on Shilfer.
- Shilfer will not entertain claims of buyers who have incurred any loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the seller.
- Registering claims against sellers does not automatically entitle the buyer to a refund or replacement for the buyer for product purchased. Shilfer will verify the claim that is being raised and process it only at the sole discretion of Shilfer and it should be valid and genuine.
- For claims against sellers for "Item Not Received" or "Item Significantly Not As Described", Shilfer after duly verifying the validity and genuineness of such claims, may require the buyer to provide additional information. On receipt of such additional information that substantiates the claim, and where Shilfer is satisfied that the said claim is valid and genuine, Shilfer will work with the concerned seller on a best effort basis to provide the product/replacement for the product purchased to the buyer.
- Shilfer will verify the claim raised by buyers and for the purpose of verification has the right to inform buyers to submit adequate proof as deemed necessary by Shilfer to substantiate the claim.
- Claims raised 2 days after the delivery deadline will not be entertained.
- The Shilfer Buyer Protection program is a time bound and definitive process and members are expected to strictly adhere to the timelines provided to the buyers and sellers.
- Where the buyer or seller does not respond within the time lines provided, Shilfer will close the claim at its discretion against the defaulting member.
- Shilfer shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any buyer or seller.
- Shilfer shall be entitled to claim from a buyer/seller any losses, costs expenses that Shilfer may have to incur due to any false/misleading claim and/or information provided by such buyer/seller.
- It shall be the buyer's responsibility to make sure that the item is securely packed so that the item within the parcel does not get damaged. The buyer will be held accountable for any damage to the product due to deficient packing.
- Shilfer will review the damaged product received by customer and will arrange to deliver the replacement of product within 5 working days according to its availability. Vendor/Seller will bear the cost of return.
- Claims of the nature of ’Buyer remorse’ (i.e. instances where items are bought by the buyer by mistake or where the buyer chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him) will not be entertained through this program.
- The final claim status communication with the buyer and the seller will be on their email ID registered on Shilfer’s website.
- If Shilfer has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its members are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then Shilfer may, while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against member may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the user id of such member and/or disqualify that member and any related members from availing protection through this program.
- Shilfer reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a user who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Shilfer may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the user ID [and its related user ids] of such user and/or disqualify that member and any related members from availing protection through this program.
- Decisions made by Shilfer under the program shall be final and binding on its members.
- Shilfer reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Shilfer Buyer Protection program without any prior notice period to its members.
Any buyer attempting to wrongly raise or abuse or misuse the refund claim would be blocked from using Shilfer’s Website.
Violations of any of these policies may result in a range of actions, including:
- Cancellation of payment
- Refund claim being put on hold or rejection of a refund claim
- Shilfer User restriction or suspension
- Referral to law enforcement.